Author: nfltalk

  • When is 2024 Super Bowl: Date, time, how to watch NFL championship on CBS, Nickelodeon, stream on Paramount+

    When is 2024 Super Bowl: Date, time, how to watch NFL championship on CBS, Nickelodeon, stream on Paramount+

    Super Bowl LVIII is coming up, but exactly when is it played? If you’ve been wondering when the big game is, you’ve come to the right place.

    This year’s NFL championship game, concluding the 2023 season, will be played on Sunday, February 11, 2024 at 6:30 p.m. ET. The action will take place at the home of the Las Vegas Raiders, Allegiant Stadium, located on the Las Vegas strip in Paradise, Nevada.

    The game will be broadcast on CBS and there will be an alternative broadcast on Nickelodeon. Football fans can also stream the game on Paramount+. Usher will be performing in the halftime show this year.

    Who will be playing in the championship game is still not known, but we will be one step closer to knowing this weekend, when the playoff picture is finalized and all 14 spots have been claimed.

    The Kansas City Chiefs defeated the Philadelphia Eagles in last year’s Super Bowl. Both teams have qualified for the playoffs this year as well. 

    How to watch the 2024 Super Bowl

    Date: Sunday, Feb. 11Time: 6:30 p.m. ETLocation: Allegiant Stadium (Paradise, Nevada)TV: CBS, Nickelodeon | Stream: CBS broadcast on Paramount+

    Note: This marks the first time in NFL history that the Super Bowl will be broadcast in two different formats, with CBS carrying the traditional broadcast of the game and Nickelodeon airing an exclusive kids- and family-friendly telecast. The CBS broadcast will be available to stream via Paramount+.

    Paramount+ can be streamed on a number of supported devices, including iPhones, iPads, Apple TVs, Fire TVs, PlayStation 4s and 5s, Roku TVs, Xbox’s and Google TVs.

    ..

    [ad_2]

    Read More

  • Oklahoma fires defensive coordinator Ted Roof: Sooners targeting Jacksonville State’s Zac Alley as replacement

    Oklahoma fires defensive coordinator Ted Roof: Sooners targeting Jacksonville State’s Zac Alley as replacement

    Oklahoma defensive coordinator and linebackers coach Ted Roof will not return in 2024, coach Brent Venables announced in a release. The Sooners are expected to hire Jacksonville State defensive coordinator Zac Alley, who just finished his first season with the Gamecocks, as Roof’s replacement, 247Sports reports.

    Roof spent the past two seasons as the Sooners’ DC, arriving as part of Venables’ first staff ahead of the 2022 campaign, after previously working alongside Venables as a defensive assistant at Clemson in 2021. The decision to move forward without Roof, a longtime defensive assistant of more than 30 years, was “mutually agreed,” according to the statement. 

    “I have the utmost respect and appreciation for Ted,” Venables said in a statement. “I told him Wednesday I made a decision to go in a new direction at defensive coordinator and offered him an opportunity to remain on our staff in a different role. He explained that he has a deep desire to keep coaching and will look to do that at a different school. Ted is an incredibly knowledgeable coach and teacher, and his players love playing for him. Our program is thankful for his extreme dedication the last two seasons and for helping make us better.”

    Oklahoma ranked No. 78 nationally in total defense at 389.4 yards allowed per game in 2023. While that was an improvement from 2022, when which the Sooners ranked No. 121 nationally at a whopping 461.0 yards allowed per game, it still ranked sixth out of 14 teams in the Big 12 as Oklahoma went a third consecutive season without a Big 12 championship. 

    The Sooners began the year 7-0 before losing three games in the back half of the season, culminating in a 38-24 Alamo Bowl loss to Arizona in which the Sooners were outscored 17-0 in…

    ..

    [ad_2]

    Read More

  • Baker Mayfield limited in practice Thursday

    Baker Mayfield limited in practice Thursday

    Buccaneers quarterback Baker Mayfield said on Wednesday that he’ll do anything he can in order to play through injured ribs this week and that bid seems to be going well.

    Mayfield was listed as limited in practice on Thursday and reporters at the open portion of the session said that Mayfield was throwing with his teammates. The Bucs only held a walkthrough on Wednesday and said Mayfield would not have participated in a practice.

    Friday will bring a final practice and any injury designation, but Mayfield’s presence on the field Thursday would seem to be a good sign for his chances of facing the Panthers in his first game back in Carolina since being released late last season.

    The Bucs win the NFC South with a win on Sunday and every player on the active roster took part in practice. Tight end Ko Kieft (shoulder) and left tackle Tristan Wirfs (shoulder) joined Mayfield in going from being listed as out to listed as limited. Wide receiver Trey Palmer (hip) was the only other limited participant.

    ..

    [ad_2]

    Read More

  • 5-star OL Lamar Brown names top schools

    5-star OL Lamar Brown names top schools

    Five-star offensive tackle recruit Lamar Brown has named his top eight schools. Brown, a member of the class of 2026, plays high school football for University Lab in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

    247Sports ranks Brown as the No. 5 player in the class of 2026, the No. 2 offensive tackle, and the No. 2 player in Louisiana. The 6-foot-4, 260-pound offensive tackle is still filling in his frame.

    Lamar Brown’s top schools are Georgia, Alabama, LSU, Miami, Florida State, Ole Miss, FAMU, and Tennessee. The elite class of 2026 recruit announced his top schools via Hayes Fawcett of On3.

    Lamar Brown is currently a sophomore in high school. Brown plays both offensive line and defensive line for his high school.

    MaxPreps named Lamar Brown as a sophomore All-American. The elite offensive tackle visited Alabama for the LSU game in 2023.

    Story originally appeared on UGA Wire

    ..

    [ad_2]

    Read More

  • 2024 Pro Bowl snubs: Josh Allen, Antoine Winfield Jr. among notable names not selected to all-star NFL roster

    2024 Pro Bowl snubs: Josh Allen, Antoine Winfield Jr. among notable names not selected to all-star NFL roster

    The NFL has unveiled its 2024 Pro Bowl roster, compiling some of the game’s most elite players and highlighting the stellar season they were able to put together. However, this is admittedly an inexact science and always seems to leave out a handful of worthy candidates. This voting process is broken up into thirds with fans, players, and coaches all getting a say in who makes it in, but stars sometimes slip through the cracks, and this go around is no exception.

    Below, you’ll find five players who were snubbed from the 2024 Pro Bowl roster.

    You can make an outside argument for Josh Allen to win MVP, and yet he was left off the Pro Bowl roster. The Bills signal-caller has helped resurrect Buffalo’s season and now has them in a position to leap into first place in the AFC East if they can take down the Miami Dolphins on the road on Sunday. Allen’s interceptions were a blemish on his résumé, but you can’t deny his indispensable impact on the Bills offense and overall strong showing this season. His numbers are nearly identical to Patrick Mahomes — who made the roster — and he…

    ..

    [ad_2]

    Read More

  • Michigan QB J.J. McCarthy: Team had to ‘make it an even playing field’ vs. Ohio State in sign-stealing scandal

    Michigan QB J.J. McCarthy: Team had to ‘make it an even playing field’ vs. Ohio State in sign-stealing scandal

    Michigan quarterback J.J. McCarthy fanned the flames of the program’s sign-stealing scandal and its rivalry with Ohio State on Wednesday by suggesting the No. 1 Wolverines were only trying to keep pace with the Buckeyes by engaging in a scheme that was ultimately deemed to violate the Big Ten’s Sportsmanship Policy. 

    As part of an explanation into the messages given to the team by coach Jim Harbaugh, McCarthy alluded to the “unfortunate” sign-stealing scandal, adding that around “80%” of the teams in college football steal signs.

    “It’s just a thing about football. It’s been around for years,” McCarthy said during Wednesday’s CFP teleconference. “We actually had to adapt because in 2020 or 2019 when Ohio State was stealing our signs, which is legal and they were doing it, we had to get up to the level that they were at, and we had to make it an even playing field.”

    The sign-stealing scandal has been arguably college football’s most fascinating — even if absurd — story, but the effects are apparent at player level, according to McCarthy. 

    “I just feel like it sucks,” he continued. “We do work our butts off. We do watch so much film and look for those little tendencies and spend like 10, 15 minutes on one clip alone just looking at all the little details of the posture, of the linebackers or the D-ends, the safeties off levels, the corner to the field is press but the corner to the boundary is off, little stuff like that where it’s like, you could say it’s all sign stealing, but there’s a lot more that goes into play, and a lot of stuff that gets masked, a lot of work that gets masked just because of the outside perception of what sign stealing is all about.” 

    The elaborate sign-stealing scheme, allegedly perpetrated by former Michigan…

    ..

    [ad_2]

    Read More

  • Titans WR Colton Dowell tears ACL, meniscus

    Titans WR Colton Dowell tears ACL, meniscus

    Titans rookie receiver Colton Dowell left Sunday’s loss to the Texans in the first half with a knee injury.

    The Titans quickly ruled him out, a sign it was a serious injury.

    Dowell underwent an MRI on Monday that revealed bad news.

    He tore the anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus in his right knee, Paul Kuharsky of paulkuharsky.com reports.

    The Titans made him a seventh-round pick this spring, and he played 10 games. Dowell saw action on 51 offensive snaps and 139 on special teams and ended with one catch for 3 yards.

    ..

    [ad_2]

    Read More

  • Former Clemson QB to take the helm for FSU

    Former Clemson QB to take the helm for FSU

    Jan. 2—TALLAHASSEE- After a not so quiet search by the Seminoles for their next starting quarterback in the transfer portal, it has been announced that former Clemson and Oregon State QB DJ Uiagalelei will be with the Seminoles next season. This comes after Florida State suffered the largest defeat in bowl history in a 60 point loss to Georgia in the Orange bowl, a game that saw the Noles take the field with out 29 of their scholarship players.

    Florida State’s quarterback woes began in the second to last game of the regular season against North Alabama where Jordan Travis suffered a season- ending leg injury. Backup Noles QB Tate Rodemaker took over and led the Noles to a victory over North Alabama and Florida before third stringer Brock Glenn had to take the reins after Rodemaker suffered a head injury. Glenn led the Noles to an ACC Championship victory and a perfect season, before the famous snub that seemed to derail Florida State’s entire football program for this season.

    Since the Noles were snubbed from the College Football Playoff they have sued the ACC, suffered the largest margin of defeat in bowl game history and endured a vigorous search for the next great Seminole quarterback.

    Now they have found their guy in DJ Uiagalelei. With only one season of eligibility left, Uiagalelei is being touted as a bridge for the Noles, someone to secure the program’s success while the coaching staff develops young Brock Glenn. Uiagalelei spent three seasons with Clemson and played well, though his performances were up and down. His stats were nice, throwing for 2,246 yards in his second season and over 2,500 in his last year with the Tigers. But turnovers and down performances plagued the young QB.

    Uiagalelei’s turmoil at Clemson came to a head when he was benched early in the 2022 ACC title game against North Carolina and…

    ..

    [ad_2]

    Read More